Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Recipes/Ingredients (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/)
-   -   Austin Homebrew's Rochefort 10 clone kit? (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/austin-homebrews-rochefort-10-clone-kit-55542/)

mullimat 02-18-2008 05:36 PM

Austin Homebrew's Rochefort 10 clone kit?
 
Saw this and was wondering if anyone has tried it out and what they think of it. Is it pretty close? How hard is it?

Ryanh1801 02-18-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullimat
Saw this and was wondering if anyone has tried it out and what they think of it. Is it pretty close? How hard is it?


Honestly I would put together one of the recipes on the board together, it would be a lot cheaper. I have had oflan's clone and it was very good. Nothing against AHB but their kit is really really expensive.

Here is the link to it.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f73/crochefort-10-a-41543/

Austinhomebrew 02-18-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanh1801
Honestly I would put together one of the recipes on the board together, it would be a lot cheaper. I have had oflan's clone and it was very good. Nothing against AHB but their kit is really really expensive.

Here is the link to it.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=41543


The price of the kit is based on the ingredients. We don't charge more just for the heck it. If you go with another recipe with less ingredients, then it will certainly cost less. I am sure that is why the other recipe costs less. No offence taken.

Forrest

mullimat 02-18-2008 07:38 PM

The kit may be pricey but definitely not as pricey as the beer itself lol. Price for me doesn't matter as much as ease of brewing. I'm not looking to do this right away as i'm very new to all this but maybe once i get my feet wet. To me it seems (and i could be wrong) that the kits from AHB would be easier than doing one of the recipes on here from scratch (for a beginner i mean)?

Greggy 02-18-2008 07:43 PM

While the kit is expensive, compared to buying the equivalent at the store, at least the one I work at, you'll damn near be at $500. :)

Greg

Warped04 02-18-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullimat
The kit may be pricey but definitely not as pricey as the beer itself lol. Price for me doesn't matter as much as ease of brewing. I'm not looking to do this right away as i'm very new to all this but maybe once i get my feet wet. To me it seems (and i could be wrong) that the kits from AHB would be easier than doing one of the recipes on here from scratch (for a beginner i mean)?

By easier in the brewing process, I think it's the same. Not having to worry about making sure you can get the ingredients, etc. then yes it's easier.

It's all about what you are comfortable with. If you want to do the AHS one, do it. It's AHS so it's going to be a quality kit (hasn't been sitting on a shelf for 3 years).


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.