The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Austin Homebrew...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
kahunaman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Austin Homebrew...

Hey..
I know a lot of you work with Austin Homebrew for ingredients and supplies.
Just a couple thoughts... maybe I want to complain a bit? Who knows..

Anywayl...
1. Whats with the lag time on Shipping? I placed my order on Sunday and it went out on Thursday. THey didn't say anything was out of stock or delayed or anything.

2. I called 3 times for various reasons, and each time got some kid on the phone that couldn't be bothered... made it sound like I was bothering him. Which, I'm sure I was - but this kid is getting paid for that right?

Anyway - they have great stuff, I just hate being crapped on by companies I want to do business with.
/rant off.

Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
blacklab

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I personally haven't experienced the lag, but I'm sure it happens sometimes. I think they have one particular guy working there that isn't very good on the phone. I've spoken with him before as well. In general, I've been very happy with their service and shipping. I've had some errors on orders in the past, and they have always sent me a replacement or correction immediately, on their dime. The owner, Forrest, is a member here, and if you have issues, I believe he encourages you to PM him with your problem.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

i do know forrest has been experiencing a high turnover of late on his warehouse/shipping side. that may be the problem in this case but if you have your order# and such he'll be on later i'm sure

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Old 11-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
Austinhomebrew
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Sorry for the delay on your package. We had a very large sale that put us behind in shipping. We also had someone quit at the same time. We normally ship in 2 days like most online retailers. We have an expedite service that puts your order at the front of the line if you pay regular UPS shipping charges. The $6.99 flat rate is a large savings in shipping charges and those orders go out in the same order they are received. If you want your order shipped out the same day select the expedited service. If you want to save money with the flat rate shipping, your order will ship in the order we receive them.

I can afford to maintain the $6.99 flat rate if we can ship the orders out in the order they come. I can hire extra people so that all orders go out the same day but that would require me to double the shipping staff and I would have to eliminate the $6.99 flat rate shipping.

People prefer the $6.99 shipping. We just had one customer save $186 on a $500 order.

Thanks for your order and understanding.

Forrest

Old 11-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

I have no complaints at all on the shipping times. I have had a couple larger orders that anywhere else the shipping would have killed me (3 glass carboys in one order). I can wait a few extra days and save all that cash on the shipping.

If you're just being impatient, well then maybe you should consider paying the premium on the shipping.

If it is truly an error on Austin Homebrew Supply's part, well then I guess you have a legitimate complaint. Like previously mentioned in this and many other threads, Forrest is a good guy and he takes very good care of us. He is the first guy you should talk to with these kinds of issues. He'll get to the bottom of it.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
Jilaman
Recipes 

This is all very simple, if you want it FAST pay for the expedited shipping. If you don't mind waiting a few extra days, then go flat rate and save some $$.

I swear there is a new post like this every week, or 20 of them everytime Austin Homebrew has a sale. Forrest has done a great job bringing us some great deals and good products.

Thanks again Forrest.

Kegged: Pliny the Elder clone - Austin Homebrew Supply
Drinking: Everything from Texas Breweries!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
kahunaman
Recipes 

Thanks for the Feedback. i have no problem waiting, and the cheap shipping is clutch. I just didn't like the attitude I got on the phone.

Thanks Forrest. You're my supplier for goods.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #8
BullF-16
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahunaman View Post
Hey..
I know a lot of you work with Austin Homebrew for ingredients and supplies.
Just a couple thoughts... maybe I want to complain a bit? Who knows..

Anywayl...
1. Whats with the lag time on Shipping? I placed my order on Sunday and it went out on Thursday. THey didn't say anything was out of stock or delayed or anything.

2. I called 3 times for various reasons, and each time got some kid on the phone that couldn't be bothered... made it sound like I was bothering him. Which, I'm sure I was - but this kid is getting paid for that right?

Anyway - they have great stuff, I just hate being crapped on by companies I want to do business with.
/rant off.
The few times i have called, i must have got the same guy. He really doesnt like to be bothered by customers!!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would encourage you guys to get the person's name that you talked to. Forrest and AHS have been nothing but amazing to me in the customer service department so you guys definitely haven't gotten the norm.

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #10
kahunaman
Recipes 

I like Austin's prices, and yes - I totally understand any shipping lag because I'm getting 6.99 shipping. Completely worth it..
but it seems like a few of us have gotten the same guy on the phone.
Oh well. I'll still buy there.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply