Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Apple/Amber Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
WVBeerBaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Apple/Amber Ale

I wanted to make something tasty but simple to brew. Here is what I came up with:

Apple/Amber Ale

Batch size 5 gallons
OG 1.052
IBU 20

2.5 gallons Mott's Natural Apple Juice (pasteurized with no preservatives)
3 pounds Briess Sparkling Amber Dry Malt Extract
0.60 ounces Warrior Hops (17.2AA)
Yeast Nutrient
White Labs English Ale Yeast Cake

Brought 2.75 gallon of filtered water to boil, added malt extract, brought back to boil, added hops and yeast nutrients, boiled for 15 minutes, removed from heat. Chilled in ice water bath to 70 degrees. Dumped apple juice and amber ale wort into a primary fermenter together, added yeast and aerated.

I'll give this 2 weeks in primary (or more depending on gravity readings) and then keg and force carb. I am thinking of using the remaining 0.40 ounces of hops to dry hop...maybe.

My thoughts: it's exactly 1/2 apple and 1/2 beer; don't like dry cider so i chose amber dme and the wlp002 to leave some sweetness; i find warrior hops to be very clean tasting and i did want some hop presence but not too much.

I will repost with results. Cheers!

KEGGED: Nut Brown, Smoked Porter, Blue Moon Clone 1, Blue Moon Clone 2, Something Red Amber Clone
CONTEMPLATING: Flanders Red, English IPA, Sack Mead

The elusive Beer Baron continues to thumb his nose at the authorities. Swaggering about in a garish new hat, he seemed to say "Look at me, Rex Banner! I have a new hat!" - The Simpsons

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
WVBeerBaron
Recipes 

Kegged last night with no problems. Strong apple cider flavor, tangy and somewhat dry. Will sample when carbed in a week.

KEGGED: Nut Brown, Smoked Porter, Blue Moon Clone 1, Blue Moon Clone 2, Something Red Amber Clone
CONTEMPLATING: Flanders Red, English IPA, Sack Mead

The elusive Beer Baron continues to thumb his nose at the authorities. Swaggering about in a garish new hat, he seemed to say "Look at me, Rex Banner! I have a new hat!" - The Simpsons

Old 06-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
Apple_Jacker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sounds delicious!

Quick Reply