Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Apparently I was too way into Springsteen!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
smarek82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Apparently I was too way into Springsteen!!!

Was brewing a Blonde Ale today and instead of doughing in with .2oz of gambrinus honey malt like I wanted to, I accidentaly added .25# honey malt.

Should I not listen to music while brewing?

Should I not be 4 beers deep before dough in?

For real though...will .25# honey malt make a blonde ale too sweet? Rest of my grain/hop bill looks like this... OG ended up being 1.053

7# Briess 2-row
1# Weyerman wheat
.25# Crystal 10L

Horizon (8.5%AA) 60 min
Santiam plug (7.0% AA) 30 min
Santiam plug (7.0% AA) 5 min

Thanks bro's,

SM

Keg 1: Coal Miner's Daugter Porter
Keg 2: Red October
Keg 3: Hopsolutely

Bottled: 1 Vienna Lagers; Erins Irish Red; Pils, Christmas Doppel, Addy's Amber Ale(competition brew), Mayden Voyage Blonde Ale

Primary:
Secondary:
Future: Something Belgian, ESB

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 05:41 AM   #2
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You should plan ahead (before or while drinking...) and write down what you're using and get it ready before you need it.

For instance, while the water is heating up or I'm mashing, I will recalculate the hop AA% needed for the recipe. Here's what I do:

I take a baby food jar and place it on the digital scale then tare weight it to 0. Then I add in the hops to the recalculated weight and place a 1/2" X 2" strip of paper in it with #1 on it. Then I take a second jar and measure out the hop second addition and place a strip with the #2 on it, etc.

Once the boil starts I remove the strip of paper and pour in the hops in the wort at the designated times. Once completed I pin the strips of paper back up on the cork board to reuse later. Same could be done for plastic strips with numbers on them.

All too simple if you plan right.

As a born and raised Jerseyite I have to say you can't go wrong with Springsteen...the 70-80s stuff that is...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply