Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Anyone have a leinenkugel's berry weiss clone recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2009, 02:32 AM   #11
Scotty_g
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I agree with many of the other posters about the Berry Weiss being over the top. To me, it's like you made a shandy with beer and kool-aid. It's too sweet and too fruity.

IIRC the old advertising literature for that beer said it was blackberries, raspberries, and loganberries...I remember wondering what the heck a loganberry was. I'd go for a mixed berry blend and considering the amount that the berries overwhelm the beer, any dark berries would get you close.

Leinie's was the first craft beer I started to drink, but they do a lot of their beers over the top - Berry weiss is too much berry, sunset wheat (which I'll drink gladly, but there are better wits) is too fruity, the maple bock is good for one beer, but it's too mapley, etc.

Natural 20 Brewery

Yes, that *is* beer. Water, malt, hops, and yeast mean it's beer. Go ahead and try a glass...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #12
DavidSteel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This thread makes me lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply