Anyone harvest yeast from Terminal Gravity IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegionalChaos

Reaction score
Living in Eugene I've drank my fair share of Terminal Gravity IPA. I think its a great beer, though it is a bit spendy these days. Anyway, they make it well known they server "Live Beer". So I made an 8oz starter and pitched the dregs of two bottles into it. It seems to be taking. Has anyone used this yeast before? Does anyone know what type of yeast it is? I'm guessing its used for their whole process, not just the bottle conditioning, but I guess I don't know for sure. Any info would be appreciated! :cross:

I emailed them and asked, wonder what kind of response I'll get. I think this is a good excuse to harvest some more, and give the new stir plate something to spin about :)

Here is the response I received, " sorry jim we do not give that info out". This was from Dean Duquette, Brewer/owner. Oh well. I know I harvested some a few years ago and made some great beers with it. I just harvested a new batch, and need to step up the starter..

Back