Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Anyone with a good newcastle recipe?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 09:24 PM   #11
OSUmoney83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Location: In the heart of buckeye nation, now (2012) in Scottsdale, Arizona
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertBrew
I've not done the dry-hop yet but am starting an IPA this weekend that calls for it. What's dry-hopping provide different from hops during the boil anyways?

Dry hpping is for aroma, this will be the first time I've tried it but I suspect it adds a little something else to the brew. Smell and taste go hand in hand, but it won't make any change in IBU's I suspect.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2005, 12:28 AM   #12
Buster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertBrew
I've not done the dry-hop yet but am starting an IPA this weekend that calls for it. What's dry-hopping provide different from hops during the boil anyways?
Hops used in the boil provide the bitter taste in the beer. Dry hopping provides a fresh hoppy aroma to the beer.
Cheers,
Buster.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply