Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Amber Recipes Suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
LoganE15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Amber Recipes Suggestions

Hey,I got a true brew kit of amber and I am going to start it this weekend. I meant to get a wheat one and was going to add a fruit extract, but I must have clicked the wrong one. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for a good extract (fruit or any) to add to this kit to for a good tasting beer. Preferably one that I can get at a local grocery store! Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
adamjab19
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I don't know about adding fuit to an amber without changing the original recipe. I don't think the true brew kits are very customizable though. Ambers tend to be hoppy which would clash with any type of fruit. If you are really daring maybe raspberry could stand up to it....but even that would be experimental at best.

To me ambers are ambers. Make the beer as is and then just buy the wheat kit later.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
LoganE15
Recipes 

yeah man thats what i was worried about..i doubt i will even try to add anything then.
thanks a lot

Quick Reply