Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > ALWAYS stress the signature requirement

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 02:58 AM   #11
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer
I am half tempted to leave a decoy package on my porch (filled with used diapers), take the day off, and watch for the culprit. Follow the f&cker home and either approach his parents or call the police.

Yes, I am still pissed.
maybe you could try this....

Sorry for your loss. they always drop the box in my garage. the only time I have it shipped to work is if I don't want the SHMBO to find out about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 03:01 AM   #12
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
I am half tempted to leave a decoy package on my porch (filled with used diapers), take the day off, and watch for the culprit....
I can definitely help you out there. I've got a 10 month old pooper! I'll save them up for about a week and then I'll send them out to you.......via Fed-Ex. PM me with your address.

But seriously, that really does suck. Keep us posted on the outcome. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #13
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1020 Times on 680 Posts
Likes Given: 28

People really have to have some ballz to walk that far onto your property to take a package. They have to be local to know you're def not home. Baseball bat to the skull is in order.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 03-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #14
chillHayze

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Are you able to have packages delivered at work?

Old 03-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #15
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't know if this is possible for you but often times if I have a big ticket item shipped I will have it shipped to my work, that way I don't have to worry about a box sitting on my front porch all day. Having to sign for everything I mail order just isn't feasible for me so shipping to work is the best option.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #16
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 128 Posts

Can't blame you. I'm in the middle of challenging some charges against my company's bank card. All three placed over the Internet at sites the don't require the code on the back of the card.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #17
Kubed

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Man, I just checked on a copper order I made, saw that they tried to deliver it on friday, but didn't because no one was home. I was a little bummed that they didn't leave it, but after reading your story, I'm lucky that DHL was on their game.

If you haven't already done so, make 2 calls. First one is to place you ordered from telling them what happened and asking when you can expect to see the new shipment. The 2nd one to your CC company no matter what the seller says.

Bottled: IPA, Hefeweizen, Magic Hat #9 clone, CCA, Apfelwein, Panty Dropping Apple Cider
Kegged: Belgian White PM, Orfy's Hob Goblin

Old 03-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
MikeInCtown
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

FedEx to blame for sure on this one. If nobody is home they could have easily left the ticket for re-delivery. I've had to head to UPS and FedEx many times after work to pick up and sign for a package.

As far as your hops, watch craigslist fo a few days or even eBay. Should be easy enough since you know the brand and weight. Proving them a theif would be hard enough though, but the cops may help if the person you target has history with them.

Bottled - Continental Pilsner, Island Mist Mango Citrus, Island Mist Wildberry Shiraz
Up next - AH Foster's clone, Labatt's clone, Hard Apple Cider,
The Independence Street Brew House

Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 AM   #19
ajf

Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
I am half tempted to leave a decoy package on my porch (filled with used diapers), take the day off, and watch for the culprit.
I sympathize with you.

On a lighter note, many years ago when I was creating children, the local midwife used to visit all the expectant mothers in the area on her bicycle and collect urine samples. She got one from SWMBO in a Schweppes ginger ale bottle. On the way to the lab, she stopped off at the post office to buy some stamps, leaving the sample in her handlebar basket. It was stolen while she was in the post office!
In this case, I think the thief got what he deserved.

-a.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 AM   #20
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.

Recipes 

Liked 4829 Times on 4432 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
People really have to have some ballz to walk that far onto your property to take a package. They have to be local to know you're def not home. Baseball bat to the skull is in order.
Ha! Oooooh, I am not ready to go to jail for this but, the idean is enticing. "Honestly Officer, he walked right through my door. We DO have the Make My Day Law here."

Yeah, I think it was a school kid walking home. I have a High School that has "issues" not but a few miles away. Still waiting to hear from both the supplier and Fed Ex about the outcome. Good news is that the package was insured for the value of the contents. I just dunno how long it will take Fed Ex to process the claim and for the supplier to make good.

Quick Reply