Oops I used the spelled Bier wrong my bad guys
So it fermented for one day at 64 then i dropped it down to upper 50s low 60s and plan to keep it there until the day before bottling
I brewed this one up today. It was a recipe that I put together with the owner of my LHBS. We were aiming for a German Alt our color was a little low
and our grain ratio was a little high so I will end up with a lighter more ABV beer. I ended up with about 69.65% brew house efficiency and my post boil gravity at 1.060. My pre-boil gravity was 1.049 with 3 gallons.
I used the biab technique listed here http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/biab-brewing-pics-233289/
but modified for stove top.
I used 3.5 Gallons of strike water
A strike Temp of 157 F
so my mash temp was ~150 F
Mashed for 60 min
Mashed out for 10 at 170 F
Drained grains and boiled for 60 min Hops listed below
total grain bill 5.88 lbs
2# Munich Malt I
.25# Caramunich II
Boil 60 min
1oz Hallertau 3.8% 60 Min
.5 oz Hallertau 3.8% 30 min
.5 oz Hallertau 3.8% 5 min
This has been chilling in my bucket at 64 F I may try to get lower but right now it is at that temp.
I used BrewR software on the android platform for these values. Hopefully itll turn out nice ill keep this OP updated.