Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > "Alt" idea

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #21
snailsongs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This thread has got me interested in brewing an Alt.....the alts Ive tried have all been somewhat off-style american versions.....This sounds like a good recipe for something a bit more traditional.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
ceannt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Reading over the style guidelines again this actually turned out somewhat more traditional than was originally intended. If the late addition hops were put in at 15 or 20 min. or so, (with the amount cut back to account for the increase in utilization) it would be almost spot on. As is, it is awesome. If I could maintain the cool temps all year I would be tempted have a batch of this going all the time. The K-97 is a real PITA, but the results are well worth it. I’ll brew again (hopefully soon, before it starts getting warm) to make sure it wasn’t a fluke, and if not, I’ll put it in the database. Not too shabby for a recipe that the final version was formulated by hand sitting in a restaurant waiting for my dinner!.... (I barely saved the napkin I had the calculations scribbled on from being tossed in the trash by SWMBO… “why do you have a napkin in your jacket pocket? Some girls phone number????”).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply