Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > All malt extract brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
rflinn68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default All malt extract brewing

I have recently purchased a couple cans of coopers IPA and 2 cans of Irish Stout and 3 cans of Light Malt Extract because of a great sale...$12.99 for the hopped extracts and $7.99 for the UME's.

I was wondering if someone has tried an all malt brew with a can of Irish Stout or IPA with a can of the UME and if so what were the results.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Well I've not done can kits for a while, but I do know that most brews will really taste a lot better by using all malt instead of dextrose. I'd look at an online calculator and figure out what you can do with the extracts. You can try BeerTools Beer Making Resources and Home Brewing Recipe Calculator and Formulator for one I like.

Off the top of my head I'd definitely use 2 cans of extract in a 5 gal batch, maybe do 3 and no sugar at all, but that will bump your gravity up such that you'd probably need some more hop bitterness to even it out.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply