Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > All Grain Starter recipe and technique ??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
SankePankey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts

Default All Grain Starter recipe and technique ??

I can't seem to find an All Grain Starter recipe that I can make and autoclave like Jamil. Can someone give me a link? I'm sure it doesn't really make a big difference what base malt you use, but I thought I'd ask. Wanna get to Carnegie Hall the old fashioned way.

Also, I was wondering if anyone who makes all grain starters chills their wort way down below pitching temp while in the BK to get as much or ALL possible cold break/proteins etc. out of solution so that there is less to worry about decanting off or pouring into your wort.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Beernip
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I just use the third running's of an AG batch and boil it down until I get the OG of 1.040 for my starters.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply