New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
barrooze
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Default AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale

I saw this new beer in the last Austin Homebrew Supply newsletter and thought it sounded amazing. I have two questions: does anyone have the all-grain grain bill for this beer? If not, how much acid malt is typically used in a 5-6 gallon batch to add some decent sourness/tartness to a beer?

Thanks!

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_626&products_id=133 87

Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Germanic Pale Ale, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown Primary: None Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Texas Brown Ale On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/04/09
Untappd: barrooze

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
jtruty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I picked up a Mini Mash version of this kit and brewed last night. It was bubbling quite nicely this morning. I'll post back in a few weeks once this one is done, but I agree it sounds awesome.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
barrooze
Recipes 

Thanks for the reply! Could you post what the mini-mash recipe was?

Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Germanic Pale Ale, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown Primary: None Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Texas Brown Ale On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/04/09

Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Blackhawk13
Recipes 

I just ordered this as well. Should be here in a couple days Ill let you know how it turns out..... I do have to agree though when i was looking for a beer i saw this and thought of how great this beer sounds. Lets hope it tastes as good.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
barrooze
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk13 View Post
I just ordered this as well. Should be here in a couple days Ill let you know how it turns out..... I do have to agree though when i was looking for a beer i saw this and thought of how great this beer sounds. Lets hope it tastes as good.
Excellent! What type of kit did you get? Extract, mini-mash, all-grain? What yeast did you order with it?

Old 07-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
barrooze
Recipes 

Any updates?

Old 07-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
jtruty
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I got the Persica Ale yeast along with this kit. I transferred to the secondary last Sunday, as there was a lot of ginger floating around in the primary and this will be my first time kegging so I want it to be as clear as possible. The FG reading coming out of the primary was spot on at 1.012. I sampled it and so far, so good. I'll wait until next Sunday to add the peach flavoring and keg.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #8
barrooze
Recipes 

Would you mind posting the recipe for the kit you got?

Old 08-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
knotquiteawake
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I would love to know how it turned out! I was just on the AHS website and this one caught my eye.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
Blackhawk13
Recipes 

Sorry it took so long. I ordered the mini bit the regular one came. Not sure if they have mini mash in this one. Just cooked it and put it in the primary. Everything looks really good. Nice color and flavor. The peach flavor gets added at bottling however. Going to secondary next week. Ill keep you posted. :-)

Quick Reply