Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Adding other juices/beverages to fermenter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
rachelclark21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Adding other juices/beverages to fermenter

I'm trying to make something similar to Lost Coast's Tangerine Wheat, and I'm having trouble matching the sweetness. My last batch was good, but only had a citrus note to it, not the overwhelming tangerine like flavor that Lo Coast has. Their flavor is SO reminiscent of Sunkist Soda, that I'm wondering if it's possible to use Sunkist to top of the fermenter instead of distilled water. I would think letting the Sunkist get as flat as possible before adding it would be good, but honestly have no idea if this will effect the fermentation process because of the sugars in the soda. Any thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
HopJuicer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Not sure how this would turn out, interesting thought! Watch out for certain preservitives found in juice/soda as the yeast might not be do the dew, making for a sluggish ferment or none at all. I read citric acid added as preservitives is still alright to ferment. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I had this beer once and really liked it. A lot of people don't. It's like a tangerine cream soda with a little malt.

Honey malt and or lactose sugar provide sweetness that lasts beyond fermentation. I have no idea if they use either, but it will make your beer sweeter.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
rachelclark21
Recipes 

thanks for the input!

maybe i'll split a batch and add sunkist to one, and try tangerines and/or extract and lactose for the other

Quick Reply