I purchased a Dark Cherry Stout Extract Kit from NB and I'd like to turn this into a Dark Chocolate Cherry Stout. I read that using bakers chocolate is the route to go, but I'm completely unsure of how much I should add. This is the first time I will be modifying a kit, so I was hoping to get some suggestions from the experts!
Here's the kit:
- 0.5 lbs English Dark Crystal
- 0.5 lbs English Roasted Barley
- 0.5 lbs English Black Malt
- 3 lbs Dark dry malt extract (60 min)
- 3.15 Dark malt syrup late addition (15 min)
HOPS & FLAVORINGS
- 1 oz German Perle (60 min)
- Cherry Extract (add at bottling)
So, any suggestions on the amount of bakers chocolate to add? Also, when should I be adding this? During the boil, after boil, or before bottling like the cherry extract?