Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Adding choc to harvest stout kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
andyh1965
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Adding choc to harvest stout kit

Hi folks, as anyone got any tips to help me add choc flav to my stout kit? I'm new to this site and adding flavouring to beer /stout kits

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 254

there are many threads on here about adding chocolate. it generally comes down to cocoa powder vs. melted baker's chocolate vs. chocolate nibs.

i'd suggest using the search function at the very top-right corner of this page (inside the beer mug) to get some opinions. it's important to realize they are opinions: there is no one universally accepted way of adding chocolate flavor. folks have had success with various methods.

Drinking: a farmhouse with ECY08 & brett blend
Fermenting: wet-hopped harvest ale x 2, sour cherry mead, imperial chocolate stout and its not-so-small second runnings beer
Aging: oud bruin & a few other sours, acerglyn, a BDSA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply