Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Adding cacao/coffee tincture to my stout??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
catacomb_kid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Adding cacao/coffee tincture to my stout??

I'd like to beef up the chocolate,coffee,caramel flavors/aromas in my stout so I was thinking of using some cacao nibs,caramel flavored coffee and vodka to make tinctures as opposed to using more sugars or syrups,the flavors of which would most likely be lost during fermentation.

I've searched the boards for this but haven't found a definitive answer...I was wondering if anyone's added a coffee or cacao nib tincture to their stout that could give me some insight into the process,suggested ratios to use,etc.?

Any help with this would be much appreciated,thanks in advance!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
catacomb_kid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

**obligatory newbie bump**

I know other people have experimented with this...I'm really just looking for amounts to use,whole beans as opposed to ground,etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply