Today I racked to the secondaries! It's day 10 of fermentation and the beer is looking pretty clear. The krausen looked like it hadn't fallen yet but it was just stuck to the sides, so I was giving it an extra couple days. Turned out pretty dry, 1.012, and tastes pretty good... I'll admit, I finished the whole amount I took out for a hydro reading.
It wound up being just about where I wanted it.
After sanitizing my secondaries and supplies, I started by roasting the serrano pepper in a pan on medium high. When it was fairly blackened, I put it in a covered bowl for about 10min. It smelled great!
Then, I put on some lab gloves (a must have when working with habaneros), sprayed my work area with a bit of star san and spread it with my gloves, and took out the rest of the peppers. I cut the ancho into a couple of strips since it was too big to fit through the top of the jug. I picked out a medium-sized habanero and cut it into about quarters (as best I could, it kind of exploded)... whole pepper would've been suicidal. I used 1 pepper for everything but the habanero and didn't de-seed any of them. The pepper I didn't cut I poked with the end of my paring knife to be sure the insides were exposed to the beer.
Habanero - Ancho - Panca - New Mexico - Serrano
Serrano - 9.4g fresh, pre-roasted
Habanero - 1.5g whole, only used 0.4g
Ancho - 9g
Panca - 8.4g
New Mexico - 6.6g
Then, I simply racked to the 1 gallon containers (actually, four 1 gallon containers and two growlers). It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, I just pinched the hose when I wanted the flow to stop. The hardest part was actually seeing the liquid level in the amber bottles. I had exactly 5 gallons so the batch size was perfect at 5.5gal.