Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > 2x Mango IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
techbrewie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Default 2x Mango IPA

Hey all,
So this is the first recipe I created when i hit the point that kits just didn't cut it for what I wanted, so ive got some sentimental value here. Anyways I've been doing some fine tuning and getting ready for another go at it. The inspiration came from my two favorite IPA's, Deschutes Hop Henge and The Empyrean Mango IPA(no longer in production). It was fairly bitter before, but I wanted to step it up into the 90+ ibu range and a more pronounce hop presence(10oz total). Also the last time i made this i had some issues with yeast. thinking about making a yeast cake for this one, although I'm still debating on the yeast I want to use.

Input on the hop schedule and yeast would be much appreciated. Heres the link.

http://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/2x-mango-ipa

Brew long and Prosper... May the wort be with you... Yippeekayay master brewers... You had me at free beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
nberna19
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Not sure how the fresh mango will turn out as I've never tried that before, but your base recipe looks very solid. Brew it and let us know how it turns out

Old 12-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
techbrewie
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Thanks! I've never put 10 oz of hops in any beer before, so I'm a little scared and excited all in one. Brewing this one the moment Citra and Amarillo are available again. Signed up with Midwest and NB to be notified :P They're available on Ebay from the 2011-2012 season, but I'm not sure how legit that is.

Brew long and Prosper... May the wort be with you... Yippeekayay master brewers... You had me at free beer.

Quick Reply