Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > 07.07.07 - Last Poll
View Poll Results: Should we let Dude finish this
Yes 27 57.45%
No 7 14.89%
We need another poll 13 27.66%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #21
texasgeorge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastside Brewer
Maybe somebody else that can read a bar graph should just look at the results of the polls and announce the recipe!! Oh! I'm sorry Dude go ahead man, what should we do?
Hey dude with 10 posts... calm down please.

Anyone can throw some Cascade, Simcoe, and Amarillo in a bag, shake it up, and sprinkle a pinch in a boiling pot, and a dash into the same pot a little later... All we're asking for is a little interjection from a well-respected member of the forum to make sense of the 3,862,478 posts that comprise a debate that's been going on for coming up on a week and come up with something that's gonna taste good. Not to mention he's the guy who started everything in the first place.

Or maybe you can read the bar graph and announce the recipe. Either way's fine by me.
Bottled & Conditioning: Michael Richards' NOT Racist Ale
Best of 2006: All Saints' IPA, Six-Malt Amber Ale, McClelland's Irish Red Ale
On Deck: English Honey Bitter, Chocolate Stout, House Pale Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #22
Eastside Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ouch! didn't mean to hit a nerve, no disrespect intended. Let's just let Dude do his thing. I guess your'e right I am new to the forum so I'll just shut up now. Thanks for putting me in my place, I'm just a brewer. cheers.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #23
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Someone just compile the results and post it. I'm workign nights and haven't had a real good chance to go through everything. It seems even though people voted it looks like their is a little unrest even with the results.

I say whatever was voted for, we do, and be happy with it.

The only thing I think we need to REALLY stick to is no modifying of the recipe after we decide on it. Brew what HBT came up with collectively.

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #24
Rook

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

CRAP!! I'm going to be gone for two weeks right as this brew is supposed to be started!! I'm going to have to brew it a week before I leave, and let it sit in the secondary on the trip, then bottle it when I get back...

lets finalize it!

Old 02-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #25
aseelye
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook
CRAP!! I'm going to be gone for two weeks right as this brew is supposed to be started!! I'm going to have to brew it a week before I leave, and let it sit in the secondary on the trip, then bottle it when I get back...

lets finalize it!
That's a more heartbreaking story than sally struthers could put together, what with your plight of HAVING to brew early

Old 02-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #26
Hercules Rockefeller

Recipes 

Ok, let me take a stab at this. I'm not as experienced as some of the others here so feel free to criticize, mock, point and laugh, etc. The grain bill is the last one on the main thread, which was a combination of texasgeorge's and brewsmith's

5.5 gallon batch

SG 1.050 (75% eff)

7.00 lb 2-row
1.00 lb Wheat Malt
0.50 lb Vienna
0.50 lb Honey Malt
0.50 lb Crystal 10L
0.50 lb Victory Malt
0.25 lb Biscuit Malt

.5 oz Simcoe 60 min
.5 sorachi 60 min

.25 sorachi, .25 simcoe, .33 Amarillo each at 30, 15, 10, 5, 2, and dry. this would be done by mixing 1.5 oz of sorachi and Simcoe with 2 oz of Amarillo and dividing equally into 6 additions. (or weighing it all out for the OCD among us) this adds up to 2 oz of each, for easy purchasing.

yeast could be us-56/1056. I prefer a neutral yeast to allow the malt and hops to shine through but I'm definitely open to suggestion. I think someone mentioned wyeast 1012 in another post.

"let me be the first to welcome our new insectile overlords"

On deck: Breakfast stout
Primary: Empty
Secondary: American Pale Ale
Conditioning: None
Kegged: Imperial red ale, Breakfast stout, Chipotle Irish red ale, Biermuncher's C3C cream ale

Old 02-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #27
MA_Brewer

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Ok, let me take a stab at this. I'm not as experienced as some of the others here so feel free to criticize, mock, point and laugh, etc. The grain bill is the last one on the main thread, which was a combination of texasgeorge's and brewsmith's

5.5 gallon batch

SG 1.050 (75% eff)

7.00 lb 2-row
1.00 lb Wheat Malt
0.50 lb Vienna
0.50 lb Honey Malt
0.50 lb Crystal 10L
0.50 lb Victory Malt
0.25 lb Biscuit Malt

.5 oz Simcoe 60 min
.5 sorachi 60 min

.25 sorachi, .25 simcoe, .33 Amarillo each at 30, 15, 10, 5, 2, and dry. this would be done by mixing 1.5 oz of sorachi and Simcoe with 2 oz of Amarillo and dividing equally into 6 additions. (or weighing it all out for the OCD among us) this adds up to 2 oz of each, for easy purchasing.

yeast could be us-56/1056. I prefer a neutral yeast to allow the malt and hops to shine through but I'm definitely open to suggestion. I think someone mentioned wyeast 1012 in another post.
Awesome - lock it so I can order my sh*t

Old 02-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #28
texasgeorge

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller

.5 oz Simcoe 60 min
.5 sorachi 60 min

In the spirit of the poll, I think we should not have Sorachi's in the recipe. It was about 3rd to last in the poll. Plus, I think some LHBS's have no idea what they are.

Cascade, Simcoe, and Amarillo got the biggest votes, so I think we should use those three varieties.

As far as the grain bill, Brewsmith posted something on the LONG thread that I think folks should look at.

And finally, yeast. Page 23 of the LONG thread, Wyeast 1272 was recommended. I like the idea myself, but am game for whatever the majority decides upon.
Bottled & Conditioning: Michael Richards' NOT Racist Ale
Best of 2006: All Saints' IPA, Six-Malt Amber Ale, McClelland's Irish Red Ale
On Deck: English Honey Bitter, Chocolate Stout, House Pale Ale

Old 02-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #29
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I agree with texasgeorge on the hops. Otherwise, it looks good to me.

Quick Reply