Yuri's Stir Plate Rocks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to using the Yuri'n Stir'n Machine today. It ROCKS!:rockin:

I picked up some Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen for my first AG Weissbier this weekend and I decided to step it up and save some for another few batches. Here's the Stir'n Machine in its innaugural stir.

StirPlate.jpg

It's just sitting on my brew bench next to 11 gallons of Apfelwein.

BrewStand-StirPlate.jpg

Yuri, you rock man!

Thanks for the ego boost. :cool:

I'm glad it's working well for you - hopefully others have the same positive experience.

On the gadget front, I have all of the parts for my DIY grain mill, and I'm acquiring parts for a 15 gallon mash tun (60 quart Igloo Ice Cube) to be run with a RIMS-ish system that'll wind up in a 20 gallon Toledo Metal Spinning-based conical fermenter. The folks at TMS are really nice, and they said my parts would ship the same day! I'm planning on making 5 of the fermenters (taking advantage of bulk pricing) and selling them either here or on eBay for around $500 + shipping - more to follow on that one. SWMBO gave me permission to make a brew closet on the porch with a window A/C unit, so my brewing operation is about to be supersized, but I'm going to run out of homebrew during the conversion! I can't wait to share the results! In the meantime, I'm sipping an Anchor Porter - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for a store-bought brew.

Thanks for all the support on the stir plate project. I'll certainly be posting more in the equipment/DIY section in the near future. Happy Brewing!!!

:ban:

Yuri is a sissy - he refuses to make any more plates

Honestly, I could kick myself for not jumping on his offer when it was valid. It seems like a great tool made by a pretty gifted guy. I'll have to hack up my own sooner or later, but at least I have his tutorial to guide me.

Yuri_Rage said:
Honestly, there's almost been enough interest to get me back in business with the stir plates!!!

Nothing like a few shameless plugs to get the orders up to a number worth working on.

Now I'm waiting for my 2000 ml Erlemeyer flask to arrive from Morebeer along with my 20# CO2 tank.

Never thought of that, but I've used many of stir plates while working as a lab supervisor. They are pretty cool to watch also.

Back