Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > would you weld your blichmann kettle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
rianrt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default would you weld your blichmann kettle

i am looking for advice. i ordered 3 blichmann kettles ( 20,15,15). and i am thinking of making an electric herms rig. how would you connect all the fitting to the kettle? weld or weldless? any help would be appreciated. thanks,
rian

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
Cliff897
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

***********1. Enforce rules only against their foes (i.e., anyone who does not suck up to them) while exempting their friends from similar or worse behavior.

2. Silently boot someone and then proceed to trash talk the person as if the person was still there with an opportunity to respond.

3. Boot someone and then start a thread for the sole purpose of boasting about having removed the person, so as to bask in the praise of sychophantic members applauding the moderator's bold action.

4. If a person is being stalked or trolled, scold, warn and threaten both the victim and the perpetrator to stop it. If the victim protests, boot the victim for having defied the moderator's authority. Add injury to insult by allowing the troll or stalker to stay because the stalker or troll didn't talk back to the moderator.

5. If the moderator loses an argument to another member, selectively delete the member's comments so that the thread no longer makes any sense.

6. Selectively enforce the tribe's rules only against newcomers, newbies or people who are not friend with the moderator.

7. Speak about their actions as moderator in the passive voice, use the royal we, and otherwise take on a haughty, authoritarian tone. I mean, dude, you're just a moderator. ***************

Last edited by Cliff897; 05-12-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Irrenarzt
HNIC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 155 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 91

weld for sure

On Tap: Belgian Pale Ale, Session Porter, American Brown Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy, Beer Camp #118 Grandma's Closet

On Deck: Oud Bruin, Blue Corn Saison, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Pomegranate Cider

Old 03-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

The Pol used weldless I believe in his Blichmann set up see this thread BlingBling

he also has several pictures in his gallery

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
rianrt
Recipes 

i was thinking of going weld but i am seeing a bunch of "horror" stories. that is what i am wondering. my father in law builds street rods and builds stainless exhausts and has all the stuff to do it. just wondering if the risk is worth it. the fab he does on cars is the only reason i would trust him. that and it would be pretty much free for him to do it for me. would you replace all the weldless fittings? like sight glass, valve and thermometer? do you use the same couplers for everything? thanks.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
maztec
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Honestly, I would start weldless, and if it is not working out, then I would weld. Easier to change from weldless to weld than weld to weldless.

Quick Reply