Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Wort chiller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Soufeastboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Wort chiller

I just got back from Home Depot with 20' of flex copper tubing and 30 minutes later with the help of an old aquarium pump and some old plastic tubing I had an incredibly efficient wort chiller.
Easy efficient and cheap. What could be better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
brewerb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soufeastboy
I just got back from Home Depot with 20' of flex copper tubing and 30 minutes later with the help of an old aquarium pump and some old plastic tubing I had an incredibly efficient wort chiller.
Easy efficient and cheap. What could be better.
Do you have any pics? How much was the copper?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
barleywhore69
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That's what i used too. 20' of 3/8th o.d. copper tubing. I think it was $26 at Home Depot. Hose clamps hold on tubing that i slid over the ends of the copper. Another hose clamp holds the garden hose adapter on the 2' of input tubing. Then i run the garden hose from my laundry sink in the other room. The wife gave me a dirty look when she saw the setup, but I think we're alright. It took about 25 gallons of water to cool my 6 gallons of wort to 70 degrees. More than i expected. Maybe i'll make a pre chiller sometime.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
Soufeastboy
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Cheap wort chiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewerb View Post
Do you have any pics? How much was the copper?
The copper was $24 and the aquarium pump was around $20 from Amazon. I was very surprised how efficiantly it worked. Cool liquid 30 degrees in 15mins.

Quick Reply