Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Wine Chiller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Terry08
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Wine Chiller

I brought a wine chiller for thos occations when a guest prefers a white. It consists of a ice bucket with freezer blocks that fit internally. A bottle is placed in and the container is filled with water.There is a impella that circulates the chilled water. In 10 mins the bottle is chilled.

Well after fancying a beer and no bottles were refrigerated I tried the chiller. I chose a Lager and the result was most pleasing. The beer was over 4 weeks in the bottle so it was fully primed. So I now have a great bit of gear on standby.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

good thinking

i will stick them in the freezer when i run short - had a few slushies that way!

simplified signature:
beer, wine, cheese in various stages of production

Old 07-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #3
Terry08
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just check how long it takes to chill a bottle in the freezer, I would be surprised if you had to wait a m,inimum of 30 to 40 minutes not the 7 to 10 it takes with this device. I would not have believed how quickly it worked. Oh! yes there is a downside to sticking them in a freezer especially if in a glass bottle and you forget they are there, I will leave that to the imagination. I hate broken glass so crunchy in the mouth

Quick Reply