Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Win 100 Therm Control not working

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
oasisbliss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Win 100 Therm Control not working

Ok so I just got a 7 cubic in freezer and got the Lux win100 to control the temp on it. I extended the therm probe and it read the temp just fine. problem is the unit will not turn my freezer on to start the cool process. I have the hold temp set at 68 and the temp in the freezer is 73..... I have even gone in and set the programs of each day to cool at 68f --- still no dice there is a on/off switch on the side that is turned on.... I have plugged my freezer in directly to make sure it is running and it is......any suggestions on this? I just got the lux win 100 2 days ago brand new ... I dont think i can turn it back as faulty because I have extened the probe. Any suggestions ? this is beyond frustrating.
good news it only cost 40.00 but still to buy a new one would really suck.... don't know what to do here......

thanks

Mike

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Double-R
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

From Google..... The "Setting range " stands out .Do you you have it below 45

* Preprogrammed for four periods per day

* Separate programs for heating and cooling

* Armchair programmable

* Temporary temperature override

* Manual hold

* For use on window air conditioners, 120 VAC, 15 amp plug, electric space heaters, 120 VAC, 15 amp plug, all mechanically controlled air conditioners and space heaters and Electronically controlled air conditioners that have automatic restart of cooling after power resumption

* Not for use on conventional 24 VAC heating and cooling systems or electronically controlled space heaters

* Setting range of 45º F to 90º F

* User temperature calibration

* Adjustable temperature differential and cycle rate

Old 09-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
oasisbliss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No I have it set for 68f and the ambient temp is at 74 so it should totally kick on......

Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #4
Junkster
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

When you say the ambient is 74, is that the displayed reading on the unit or the temperature taken with a separate thermometer that you're checking it with? According to the manual, there is an offset adjustment if you need to calibrate it to your thermometer, although the factory calibration should be very close. Also, there is a "swing" parameter that you can adjust which is what most other 'stats call "differential". You may need to twiddle that if it's too high, but I wouldn't make it too small as there was no anti-short cycle delay mentioned. You can always plug a lamp into it and experiment to see how it responds to temperature changes on the probe before connecting it to your freezer.....

Quick Reply