Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Where to get pipe fittings for Aluminum?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
Jud
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Where to get pipe fittings for Aluminum?

While making the switch to all grain I managed to get hold of a 15 gallon Aluminum Pot. It works great, but a pain in the a$$ to drain wort out of. I need to find a threaded pipe fitting, I can have welded onto the pot. That way I can put a ball valve on, before I screw up and spill wort. Any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
BreWirfel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

go weld-less and you can get a stainless setup from bargainfittings.com. i would not go with aluminum as the threads will be easy to strip, and you will have dissimilar metal corrosion with whatever fittings you use (brass, stainless). there are several threads about the weld-less fittings. they work great

On Tap

Carb/Condition

Secondary

Primary
Edworts Apfelwein

Kicked
BB Continental pilsner
Coopers IPA, dryhopped with 1oz cascade
High Sierra Celebration Ale (Clone)
Austin Homebrew Celebration Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply