Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > where is the cheapest place for a Nitrogen Draft System?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
JasonToews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default where is the cheapest place for a Nitrogen Draft System?

so far i found this

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/nitrogen-draft-system-w-chrome-stout-faucet.html

for 289.99 plus shipping

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
microbusbrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I just ordered a stainless stout faucet from homebrewing.org for $70 today (on sale, normal price is 100). http://bvrgelements.com has 20 cubic feet gmix tanks for about 44 plus shipping, and regulators for around 55 plus shipping. Of course that doesn't include a shank, tubing or disconnects like in the link you posted but that's $120 cheaper before shipping.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
krenshaw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 27

yeah with all of the added things like tubing, connections, that seems like a good deal, as long as shipping isn't extraordinary

~ A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries.. oxy :-(
Keg 1: Apfelwein | Keg 2: BlackEyePA version2 | Keg 3: Summer Saison
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Old 10-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Here is something to consider. I purchased a stout faucet for my tap tower. I went to my local gas supplier to purchase a nitrogen tank and regulator. The guy there said that the 5lb bottle had the same pressure as a 5lb CO2 bottle. So, instead of a specialized regulator, I have a second regulator to use that will fit a normal setup. Was alot cheaper, and not a "one trick pony" with the regulator.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 398 Times on 310 Posts
Likes Given: 604

Yeah you can use the same style reg, but then you just have to buy the adapter for the Nitro tank right?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
DustBow
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

yep, just a different connection to the tank

"Brewing beer is neither complicated nor expensive. It's the responsibility of the brewer to make it as complicated and expensive as their spouse & budget will allow."

Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy71 View Post
Yeah you can use the same style reg, but then you just have to buy the adapter for the Nitro tank right?
no, that's what I'm saying. The 5 lb tank with the 75/25 mixture is the same fitting as your normal regulator. For all intents and purposes, it's just another CO2 bottle. So, if you can only put one beer on at a time, all you really need is the faucet. Or, if you have the ability to put more than one on, then you get the second regulator, but it can be used for something else later on if need be.

My Stumps BBQ Clone Build

Old 10-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
toddq
Recipes 

That looks like a pretty good deal to me. I got a 22 cu. ft. nitrogen tank from beveragefactory.com, and then found out that none of my local gas suppliers stock beer gas in anything close to that size to exchange. They also don't fill on site so they have to send it out to be filled which is a several day turnaround. Something I wish I'd known in advance.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
JMass
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I did something comparable - waiting in the mail. I had an extra 5# CO2 tank thanks to someone giving me their old large CO2 tank. Adventures in Homebrewing had the $70 stainless stout faucet on sale. They also had a dual pressure regulator on sale which I bought. I'll use that on my 2 CO2 taps and switch the old regulator to the Beer gas/nitro system. Filling my tank turned out a bit expensive. I had to have the tank tested ($20) and beer gas was also $20. I have a feeling that $20 is the minimum, so perhaps I could've had a larger tank filled for that amount. Also, one web site advertised that nitrogen tanks had to be tested every 10 years instead of 5. Still, I think that the CO2 tank is the way to go for flexibility and expense.

Quick Reply