Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > What are your "can't live without" equipment items?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #151
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivypunx View Post
extra fermentors, that means more beer I can brew and more recipes I can try
Yeah the only problem with this though is running out of either bottles or kegs to put the beer in if you are brewing faster than you drink.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #152
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 488 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travestian View Post
Yeah the only problem with this though is running out of either bottles or kegs to put the beer in if you are brewing faster than you drink.
Simple answer you need to adjust one portion of the equation:

Old 08-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #153
MarcusKillion
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 106

My homemade false bottom / filter system . http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f85/my-new-mash-tun-filter-376005/
Actually I have done away with the screen and just put the thing inside a 5 gallon nylon paint filter . never a stuck sparge with this puppy .
filter for siphon tube made from a copper coffee filter . Plan on gluing two of them together to make a ball and poke a hole in it for the tube to stop even more crap from getting in .
Also 210,000 BTU burner is nice .

2008_08_26-coffeefilter.jpg  

Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #154
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Wow very nice DIY mash filter. Did you see an increase in efficiency with that thing? How long is the braided line? Total cost to build?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #155
MarcusKillion
Recipes 

Quote:
I got about 11 cases of bottles and two fermenters and a bunch of 5 gallon buckets . I used to brew almost every weekend so I always had a selection of beers . Got lazy . Now I run low now and then .

Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #156
MarcusKillion
Recipes 

Quote:
Wow very nice DIY mash filter. Did you see an increase in efficiency with that thing? How long is the braided line? Total cost to build?
I really do not have a right answer for you . I get good efficiency but I would not have a clue what % it is as I do not even know how to figure that out . I just brew and drink . My beers are always on target so I guess it is good . I usually run my sparge till there is no color left and is running nothing but water and always hit the target .

It only has about a quart of dead space and if I tilt the tun it gets almost all of that out .
the line is about 39 inches . I think it was 4 ft to begin with . I bout at home depot in the dish washer parts section . do not know what it cost . I think
Ace has one cheaper .

the lid is from ace . Couple of bucks I think . they have buckets and lids and they are food grade . Check for the food grade sign on bottom of bucket .

The pipe is 1/2 inch and got it at ace as you can buy it by the foot . Just there to add support to the lid since it has all them holes drilled in it .
Got the Twee at Ace also I think .

Quick Reply