New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > What type of CO2 regulator us this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
HerkyQ
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default What type of CO2 regulator us this?

image-708940158.jpg

What type of regulator is this? Is it a Cornelius type? I want to expand it but read somewhere to expand with a Cornelius regulator you have to have the same type? Is this correct?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 816 Times on 677 Posts

I can't say who manufactured that particular regulator, but there's nothing magical about adding a second primary body to a single body reg. All you need is to remove the high pressure gauge from the original primary body and check the threads whether they're righty or lefty.

When you order a second primary the thread for the passthrough port (where you'll install your high pressure gauge) has to match the gauge, and you'll need to get a nipple that has the correct threads for both ends. Both should be easily obtainable, folks expand primary regulators with mismatched bodies all the time...

Cheers!

Old 01-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #3
twalte
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkyQ

What type of regulator is this? Is it a Cornelius type? I want to expand it but read somewhere to expand with a Cornelius regulator you have to have the same type? Is this correct?
It's a taprite...i was not aware that regulators varied between commercial kegs and cornelius. I am using the same regulator that i used on commercial kegs with no problems.

You could put a Y in the fitting if you want to expand to two kegs

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=201

Or look at distributors to go to multiple without having to buy multiple regulators. The only catch is that all kegs will be at the same pressure.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=52

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
orion7144
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts

Also most taprite's are left hand thread.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
HerkyQ
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr
I can't say who manufactured that particular regulator, but there's nothing magical about adding a second primary body to a single body reg. All you need is to remove the high pressure gauge from the original primary body and check the threads whether they're righty or lefty.

When you order a second primary the thread for the passthrough port (where you'll install your high pressure gauge) has to match the gauge, and you'll need to get a nipple that has the correct threads for both ends. Both should be easily obtainable, folks expand primary regulators with mismatched bodies all the time...

Cheers!
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Quick Reply