Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > What size aquarium air pump should I use?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
DickyBenfield
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

Default What size aquarium air pump should I use?

So I picked up a 2 micron stainless steel diffusion stone and an inline HEPA filter today. Tomorrow I plan to pick up an aquarium air pump and some tubing and use the setup to aerate my wort. But I'm not sure what size pump to use? It seems that rather than an actual measurement like how much air is moved during a given time period, they are just generically rated by the size of the tank they are intended for. So like pumps for 10 gallon aquariums, 20 gallon, 40, 60, 100, etc. I'm worried that if I get one that is too small, it may have a difficult time pushing the air hard enough to work properly with this diffusion stone. But I don't want to waste money buying one that is too big. Does anyone have any experience with these setups to say what size should be used? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dicky

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply