Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > What fittings will I need to go from sankey to ball lock?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
tomwirsing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default What fittings will I need to go from sankey to ball lock?

I snagged a free kegerator (converted standard fridge) on Craigslist. The fridge didn't work, but I got a CO2 tank, regulator, ball tap, door mount faucet, and the associated hosing.

Then I snagged a free working fridge on Craigslist.

To start, it seems that getting things converted will consist of putting a hole in the fridge door to accomodate the faucet.

What sort of fittings will I need to make everything compatible with a ball lock corny? Is this going to be trickier than I think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
mZnthebend
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Not at all. Ditch the old hose and get some new hose, it's cheap and you'll know it's clean. All you will need is the ball lock fittings to hook up the keg and to your faucet and gas regulator. A study of any "kegging kit" from one of the on-line homebrew retailers will give a nice breakdown of what would be needed in the kit and you will see you have almost all of it in your hands. (KEGGING EQUIPMENT @ Williams Brewing) If you have a Local Homebrew shop. Take in your equipment and let them know you want to buy the hose and a couple fittings from them and they should be more than happy to help you (maybe buy some ingredients too while your there.)

I know there are also lots of threads regarding your topic in the Bottling and Kegging Forum on HBT. Congrats on your find.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
camiller
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I would get the ball lock fittings with 1/4" MFL connections rather than hose barbs then get the MFL adapters for the sankey tap so you have an easy way to switch between a commercial and homebrew keg. Basically this kit from williams brewing + hoses.

Quick Reply