What do you think of this all grain kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks pretty complete to get started in all-grain homebrewing. The one thing that is missing is an immersion chiller or some other way to chill the wort. All-grain brewing requires full-boils (extract brewing can use partial boils and then top off with water at the end) and you need someway of cooling 5+ gallons of hot wort in a reasonably short time.

And welcome to HBT!

Thanks! I'll def looks for a chiller or a kind of plastic bath (I'll full it with water and ice for the beginning).
I'll still look around if I found a better deal or maybe calculate piece by piece but it will probably cost more.

Thanks! I'll def looks for a chiller or a kind of plastic bath (I'll full it with water and ice for the beginning).
I'll still look around if I found a better deal or maybe calculate piece by piece but it will probably cost more.

The ice bath is a great way to chill partial boils, but you may find it more challenging to chill that way for a full boil. That being said, there are those who do no-chill brewing (they cover and let it cool on its own overnight), so there is more than one way to do things.

What are you thinking of brewing up for your first batch of all-grain?

Im thinking of brewing a stout or an IPA for my first batch. I'll probably buy an immersion chiller. I want to be able to cool it down in short time.

Back