Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Well...Finally found some kegs to convert to keggles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 03:13 AM   #21
cletusp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

make friends with a bar manager @ a busy bar. most of them will help a guy out with 3 kegs for cutting. just pay their deposit. 30$ where i live. their vendors bend over backwards for their buisness. things get overlooked

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #22
Photopilot
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunhog View Post
I don't know how buying from a scrapyard is considered "legal". Do they only accept kegs from breweries? The keg could of been "recycled" by someone for a little extra cash. Essentially the scrapyard is buying an illegal keg, since it still belongs to the brewery.
Scrap yards do not accept "recycled" kegs or are not supposed to. Breweries have been on a campaign to inform scrap yards that these are not to be recycled. That they were probably stolen from the back of a bar.

I think the beer industry should do more to protect themselves if they are worth $130 dollars they should charge that as a deposit. The distributors should also pay that for anyone that is returned.

Bars would not store their kegs "out back" anymore.

Homebrewers might consider other ways to brew 13 gallon batches.

My kegs came from a guy that used to own a bar but no longer did. The distributor would not return his deposit for the kegs and asked him to deliver the kegs to them. I was much more accommodating, apparently the kegs were worth more to me than they were to the distributor.

If AB wanted to keep their kegs in circulation they would make efforts to insure their return or at least be willing to retrieve them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply