New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > weldless bulkhead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
anderj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default weldless bulkhead

Anybody out there know the outside diameter of the weldless keggle bulkhead available from northern brewer, I can't seem to find it.
thanks
-ander

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 853 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 26

If it uses a 1/2" nipple, it would be just over 3/4" so the hole probably needs to be 7/8". Also, as much as I dislike morebeer, they have the same thing but with a stainless nut for $13 something.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

Last edited by Bobby_M; 02-28-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
WBC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
If it uses a 1/2" nipple, it would be just over 3/4" so the hole probably needs to be 7/8". Also, as much as I dislike morebeer, they have the same thing but with a stainless nut for $13 something.
Bobby, speaking of weldless fittings I have a conical by Blichmann and their design for bulkhead fittings is far better than any of the so called weldless fittings available but do cost more as the design and quality is really better. They have an o'ring groove in the face of the fitting that goes through the wall of the pot which seals perfectly on the outter wall of the pot which can not leak. So if anyone wants a better weldless setup then Blichmann has it.

Ref: http://www.blichmannengineering.com/

Blichmann products available at: http://www.williamsbrewing.com/

Cheers,
WBC

Fermentor 1: Bill's House Ale II, Fermentor 2: German Helles, Fermentor 3: Bill's Schworzbier (Black Bier)
Tap 1: Bill's House Ale II, Tap 2: German Hefewizen, Tap 3: Nut Brown Ale
Future Brews: Stone IPA Clone, Blonde Ale, Budvar Clone, Newcastle Clone
New toy: Blichmann 27 gallon fermentor

“If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging”

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment”

Old 02-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 853 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I don't doubt it at all. I've run into many purpose built thru-wall bulkhead designs that are more robust than the collection of plumbing fittings people put together but the price is always the killer. I don't see the bulkhead listed on williams though so I wonder what the price is.

I prefer welded connections on hot-side vessels anyway.

You know what though, this one is pretty sexy for the price: http://www.buyfittingsonline.com/Fittings/item6774.htm

$20 and it covers your bulkead AND internal compression fitting for a siphon tube. I wonder if it comes with an Oring or not.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

Last edited by Bobby_M; 02-28-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply