Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Welded keggle question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
avaserfi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Default Welded keggle question

I just got my keggle back from the welder today. I am planning on giving it a good wash in BKF. Should I let the BKF rest on it for any amount of time or just scrub and rinse?

Aside from that is there anything else I should do? There are some flakes from the top being cut out that are stuck to the rim, outside the boil area, (picture follows) should I worry about getting rid of them due to rust issues?

Pictures of the welds and such:

Andrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
silvervan83
Recipes 

I might take a piece of sandpaper to that leftover residue. If it doesn't come off I wouldn't worry too much. As far as cleaning, Just scrub and rinse well and you're ready to go.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
avaserfi
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

I used my Dremel to get rid of the build up and then scrubbed the keg with Bar Keepers Friend. The keg is much more clean now, but when I was wiping the inside down with a paper towel the towel had a grayish color to it when I was done. Does this mean I didn't sufficiently wash the keg?

Andrew

Quick Reply