Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Vintage Kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
Retarded_Penguin_Brewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Vintage Kegerator

My grandma recently passed and I came into possession of this awesome kegerator. Just wanted to share this awesome score with those who would get as excited as I did. I am going to get her fixed up and restored, but was also curious if the older generation of brewers may have some information about this unit? I know that it was bought brand new in the early 60's, but that's about all I was able to find out. Enjoy

back-kegerator.jpg   box-parts.jpg   data-tag.jpg   front-kegerator.jpg   inside-kegerator.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 2

As long as the internals are solid you should be good to go. I like the stout square stance it has.
-cheers

Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
thargrav
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Looks like a good commercial unit but I see a lot of rust below the door. This is usually caused by a leaky door gasket and hopefully you can find a replacement.

Does it run and cool?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:45 AM   #4
Retarded_Penguin_Brewing
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I haven't plugged it in to see, don't really trust plugging in something this old without first having it gone through. Old fridge restorations are quite common so I'm sure there won't be an issue there. Yeah the bottom is kind of rotted, but again that's just a matter of some sheet metal work. I'm not looking at this as an investment to sell, it's just something that is so interesting and so unique that you aren't going to see it anywhere else. There's more of a sentimental value.

Quick Reply