Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Vent-matic Faucets Status?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #11
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 485 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 67

There was a response on the old vs. new in the wanted to buy perlick 425's a couple of months ago (I don't know how to link it sorry)

Members, Stone Hands and Demon have them and are quite happy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
ggoodman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well I just ordered 5 in addition to shanks and the rest of the gear so i'll report when I get them and have them in service

Fly Casters Brewing

"Aint nothing better than Fishing and Brewing Beer"

Old 10-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
RiverCityBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

So my faucets showed up a day early and here are my initial impressions:

At a glance they are identical to the old style Ventmatics - they look good on the wall with the others, almost can't tell which ones the new ones are.

Ventmatic - Old vs New

Ventmatic - Old vs New

However, when you look at them from the side, you can tell which ones are the new style because the handle tilts back a few degrees further when closed (and they open a few degrees further as well).

Ventmatic - Old vs New

Here is a closeup side by side - old on the left, new on the right

Ventmatic - Old vs New

The faucet spout that came with the new one is a 10mm where my old ones came with 12mm. I confirmed that spouts are interchangeable between bodies.

Ventmatic - Old vs New

Here are the guts laid out - again old on the left, new on the right. There are some differences in the bonnet washers and orings and they do not appear to be interchangeable, but I have not tested. Also the old body style let you insert the handle lever in any orientation, but the new style does not (you can see the milling difference is you look at the full res picture). There are also some minor differences between the slide valves.

Ventmatic - Old vs New

Finally, the interior... they look identical but there is a better polish on the internal body on the old style... again need to see the full res to see the difference.

Ventmatic - Old vs New

I haven't poured from them yet, but all in all, for ~$35 a piece I am very pleased. I have no doubt that these will perform just as well as the old ones.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #14
microbusbrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I just replied to a pm from GG. One of my new ones was leaking when I first hooked it up. I took it apart and lubed everything up with keg lube and reassembled. That did the trick and it's been working great. It didn't seem like there was any lube on them from the factory.

I also have different size spouts on my old ones versus new. I'm not at home right now (at GABF!) so I can't measure but I think my new ones might have 8mm spouts. They seem to be much better at avoiding the "hollow pour" issue. I found these guys selling replacement spouts, just haven't gotten around to ordering them yet: http://centerlinemachining.com/homebrew.htm

Old 10-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #15
JerseyJD
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

I just ordered 3 on 10/8 and they arrived via UPS on 10/11. Good communication from company and very pleased with the transaction.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #16
microbusbrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbusbrewery
I found these guys selling replacement spouts, just haven't gotten around to ordering them yet: http://centerlinemachining.com/homebrew.htm
Just in case anyone else is considering ordering the 8mm spouts, I ordered some and they're awesome. Fit and finish is great and they shipped them out right away. Appearance-wise they're not exactly the same as the OEM spouts (slightly different shape), but they're close. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing "wrong" with the appearance; they look at least as good as the originals, they're just a tad different. And they definitely give me a much better pour than the original 12mm spouts.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:36 AM   #17
Beerismyname
Recipes 

I just ordered two faucets from the Chi Company, I will report when I get them. It will be so great to throw my Perlick 525 in the trash.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #18
CB77R
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

8mm short spouts are shown as available now.
waiting or the longer ones...

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_17_16&p roducts_id=3303

Old 12-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #19
TNugent
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 23

The wife ordered me several of the Ventmatic's as a Christmas present. She just got an email a few minutes ago letting her know they were cancelling the order and returning her money.

Below is their reasoning. Glad they are being honest and thankful I can wait for V2....

The reason for this refund is that issues were reported to us about leaks with the new Vent-Matic faucets. We shipped all stock back to the mfg. for retrofitting with new / improved gaskets and seals.

It would have been dishonest of us to ship to you a product with a known defect, thus we have cancelled your order.
The Vent-Matic Faucet (v. 2) should be available by mid to late January of 2014. Should you re-order at that time, during checkout, in the “Special Instructions” text entry box, type “*****” and we will refund back to you 5% of your goods order.
We apologize for this inconvenience,
Matthew Chitiea
Owner,
The CHI Company

Old 12-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
disney7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have three of the version 1.1's that I haven't used yet. I wonder if they will exchange them for v2's?

Two of them were shipped from CHI to me last week...

Someone be sure to post here when the v2's come out.

Quick Reply