The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > V-Vessel reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
stunsm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default V-Vessel reviews

So I know there are a few posts asking about these already, but it looks like it hasn't come up in a few months. Have any more people had experiences with these, good or bad? There were the usual posts about concerns over oxygen permeability, if you use one have you noticed any off flavors? How about ease of harvesting yeast with the capsule? I'm not worried about filling or mounting the units, which seem to be common concerns for people. Between the cost, which is a lot more than the buckets I have, but looks like I could get 3 or 4 for the price of 1 stainless conical, and the wall mounting options which are ideal for my small apartment, I'm pretty interested. I'd like to hear from people who are actually using these, rather than the speculation of people who think it's just a gimmick but haven't had their hands on one...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I've no experience with them but I've seen this question asked and answered multiple times.
The consensus seems to be the lack of popularity is down to the possible problems from access for cleaning and plastic density.

If you want cheap then you can't beat carboys or pails.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply