*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > True TDD-1 questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
TobyG
Reverend of Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 238

Default True TDD-1 questions

I just purchased a 2005 True TDD-1 (according to a serial lookup), and wondering if anyone has any direct experience with a couple of things.

First thing is that I know a couple people who have recent models (2012) that are able to get 4 ball lock cornies in them without a lot of hassle. I can't even come close to closing the cabinet with 4 (I can fit 3). Anyone know if they changed the evaporator section or maybe just the guard somewhere along the line? In a perfect world, I want to put a 4-tap T-style tower on it, but I'd rather not have to hack it up to accomplish it.

Anyone know an online source of a complete parts list or diagram? True's website doesn't give much detailed information and to search their parts catalog, you have to have a vendor account with them.

Toby
Brasserie L'Etrange (my brewhouse build) My Untappd Profile
On Tap: Fièvre du Cerise au Cacao (chocolate cherry stout), Saison de la Sorcière (dark saison) Fièvre du Cerise (cherry stout), Centenaire d'Inde (Centennial IPA)
In the cold room waiting their turn: Écossais Gras (Strong Scotch)
Fermenting:
Next brew day:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
TobyG
Reverend of Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyG View Post
First thing is that I know a couple people who have recent models (2012) that are able to get 4 ball lock cornies in them without a lot of hassle. I can't even come close to closing the cabinet with 4 (I can fit 3). Anyone know if they changed the evaporator section or maybe just the guard somewhere along the line?
Well, had a friend take measurements on his, and there is an almost 2" difference in the depth from the cabinet seal to the evaporator guard. Also emailed True and they confirmed that the entire assembly was changed. I guess I'm going to pull off the cover and do some cleaning and investigating this weekend.

Toby
Brasserie L'Etrange (my brewhouse build) My Untappd Profile
On Tap: Fièvre du Cerise au Cacao (chocolate cherry stout), Saison de la Sorcière (dark saison) Fièvre du Cerise (cherry stout), Centenaire d'Inde (Centennial IPA)
In the cold room waiting their turn: Écossais Gras (Strong Scotch)
Fermenting:
Next brew day:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply