Paulgs3
Yeast Buddy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Thrumometer use

I searched didn't see this asked and answered.

I starting using my Thrumometer and I'm not impressed. My flow was very very slow, it took me what felt like ten minutes to pump out 1 gal into my carboy with my chugger pump while the hot wort sat in my kettle. I opened up my flow valve and it barely made a difference. I finally just removed the Thrumometer when thinking that I had already locked in the temp I wanted. Anyone else notice slow flow with theirs? Did I attach it backwards or something? 50/50 chance, eh? I was concerned that it was flowing too slowly through the CFC. Necessary concern? I actually had to turn my water way down because the wort was coming out at 60.

Also, Blichmann recommends not running full hot wort through it. I may have done this on first use without reading that warning, it looks like the liquid crystal still works, it read 60-70ish when I was going through it. I like to circulate my CFC about 15 minutes prior to cooling to sterilize. How do you all use it? Do you swap it in between circulation and cooling? Not a fan of opening a closed "clean" system to place the Thrumometer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply