New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Thermometers from St Pats?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 853 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Thermometers from St Pats?

I was a big advocate of remote probe thermometers and all that mostly due to the easy to read displays, temperature alarm, and timer but I'm starting to become infatuated by the classic look of a nice big analog dial thermo. The remote digitals are pretty inacurate and not adjustable. I'm still debating, but I was looking at the dial thermos at www.stpats.com.

Since I need to get the probe through a pipe "tee" for a sight tube and then well into the vessel, I'm thinking of the 8" probe version. $15 each sounds really good. Anyone buy these? How are they working out.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #2
S0meB0dy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a thermometer I picked up free from work that looks exactly like those, only mine has a 12in probe. It works fantastic in my mashtun. Go for it, you won't regret it.

Fermenting: APA
Up Next: Nutbrown

Old 08-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
I was a big advocate of remote probe thermometers and all that mostly due to the easy to read displays, temperature alarm, and timer but I'm starting to become infatuated by the classic look of a nice big analog dial thermo. The remote digitals are pretty inacurate and not adjustable. I'm still debating, but I was looking at the dial thermos at www.stpats.com.

Since I need to get the probe through a pipe "tee" for a sight tube and then well into the vessel, I'm thinking of the 8" probe version. $15 each sounds really good. Anyone buy these? How are they working out.
If it's accuracy you're worried about, go with this NIST-certified/traceable model that I just got. It roxxorz!

Quote:
Each Traceable® Thermometer meets NIST standards and comes with a Traceable® Certificate with its own individual serial number.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 08-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
foppa78

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use these St Pats stainless thermometers in each of my keggles. I think I have the 4 inch probe though. No complaints here. They work great and are pretty cheap. I know several other brewers that also use these exact thermometers from St Pats and they are all happy as well. Go for it.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 853 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
If it's accuracy you're worried about, go with this NIST-certified/traceable model that I just got. It roxxorz!
They look pretty nice but that's also $60 more for 3 vessels and then there's the probe wire and mounting bracket fabrication issue i'd have just to get a digital readout... hmmm.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

Quick Reply