*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Is there anybody out there who's got "that" conical?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #1
isac777
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Is there anybody out there who's got "that" conical?

How bout these ebay conicals? They are always on there and always the same pic. good looking conical behind cardboard boxes, 7.1 gallon and I seen them for as little as 225. Are these like the "postcards" they hand out in vegas with "10's" on them and I open my door and get a "2"?

If you dunno what I'm talking bout I'll post a link.......to the conical

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
Sizz
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've been curious also. It's hard to tell from the pics. I wonder how is the lid sealed?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
RonRock
Always Ready
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have wondered about them also. Hope someone has firsthand knowledge of them.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
TommyBoy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There is a 14 day money back guarantee. I would ask the seller about the seal...

Old 12-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
celtic_dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I would be kind of curious myself. And the guy is only 30 minutes from me. I am going to check and see I can visit in person.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
lustreking
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_dude View Post
I would be kind of curious myself. And the guy is only 30 minutes from me. I am going to check and see I can visit in person.
I just ordered one of his 9 gallon brewpots, and he was super easy to deal with.

My brewing site:
http://brewing.lustreking.com

Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Actually I believe (Take it for what It's worth) Forrest actually purchased one just to see. I think he said it was thin and chincy....but functional.

The think part I can see, so I'm saving my moneys to get a good one.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #8
celtic_dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

The reviews are great on his items. I am gonna meet him next week to take a look.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
jrm16311
Recipes 

I actually have four of these.

I first bought 2 of them about 8 months ago. I've subsequently bought two more about 4 months ago. With one of the first 2 that I bought, the only problem I ran into was a leak on the SS elbow joint with the bottom of the conical. I went ahead and disassembled all of the joints for all of the conicals and replaced with new teflon tape. I have not had any issues since.

The top lid the top of the fermenters have a rubber gasket that fits around the each. When closed, you get a tight rubber on rubber seal.

Over the last 8 months, I've brewed 4 batches of beer and currently have 2 batches of wine and one of brew aging in them. I have not had any issues with leaks.

They are pretty nice. Before owning these, I have never owned any other conical, so I have nothing to compare them to. However, I do work for a biotech company at manufacturing plant so I'm around SS equipment, similar in nature to these, and in my opinion there isn't anything about them in terms of material and construction that "looks off" to me.

In addition, the guy who sells them (ebay name: homebrewhousediscount) is on the level, communicates well, and ships quickly. I didn't have any problems.

I'm also not affiliated with this seller in any way. The post here asked for a review from somebody who has experience with these, so I posted.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #10
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 264 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm16311 View Post
I actually have four of these.

I first bought 2 of them about 8 months ago. I've subsequently bought two more about 4 months ago. With one of the first 2 that I bought, the only problem I ran into was a leak on the SS elbow joint with the bottom of the conical. I went ahead and disassembled all of the joints for all of the conicals and replaced with new teflon tape. I have not had any issues since.

The top lid the top of the fermenters have a rubber gasket that fits around the each. When closed, you get a tight rubber on rubber seal.

Over the last 8 months, I've brewed 4 batches of beer and currently have 2 batches of wine and one of brew aging in them. I have not had any issues with leaks.

They are pretty nice. Before owning these, I have never owned any other conical, so I have nothing to compare them to. However, I do work for a biotech company at manufacturing plant so I'm around SS equipment, similar in nature to these, and in my opinion there isn't anything about them in terms of material and construction that "looks off" to me.

In addition, the guy who sells them (ebay name: homebrewhousediscount) is on the level, communicates well, and ships quickly. I didn't have any problems.

I'm also not affiliated with this seller in any way. The post here asked for a review from somebody who has experience with these, so I posted.
Thanks for the nice review! Now, how bout some pics of the puppies in action!!

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Quick Reply