Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > A thank you to High Gravity Brewing.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
dryboroughbrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default A thank you to High Gravity Brewing.

A few months back I bought some Blichmann Boilermakers from High Gravity brewing, I've used them several times, and I gotta say huge upgrade after quite a few years of using my old turkey fryer, a bucket and a Home Depot Cooler.

A week or two ago knowing that I was going to brew in the morning I pumped my HLT Boilermaker full of water the night before, in order to let my RO tank refill overnight. As I was setting up to brew that morning I was doing some final checks, and I looked in the HLT to discover that it was orange. There was rust in my kettle!

After draining my HLT I came to realise that the rust had originated from the little screw that holds the collar around the diptube in place. I fired off an email to High Gravity along with a picture of the diptube assembly. They replied back in less than an hour, reached out to Blichmann, figured out the problem and got it rectified in record time. (galvanized screw) I really just want to commend them for their excellent customer service.

Here's a picture of the poor diptube for the curious.

diptube.png  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Junkster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Stainless steel set screws are available if you don't want galvanized or have further rust problems....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply