Last days to enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Super Agata Capper Bells: inner dia. for the 26mm & 29mm cappers different sizes...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
iamjonsharp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Super Agata Capper Bells: inner dia. for the 26mm & 29mm cappers different sizes...

So I've got the Super Agata Bench capper. By regularly changing from the 26mm and 29mm bells, the male threads on the capper have stripped a bit:

Now, the 29mm bell (silver) still screws on perfectly, but the 26mm bell (gold) won't screw on at all. As it turns out, the inner dimensions of the 26mm bell is 16mm, whereas the inner dimensions of the 29mm bell is 15mm:

Anyone else notice this? As of now, I've been able to wrap the threads with teflon tape and the bell for the 26mm holds fairly well, but if there are 26mm bells out there with the smaller 15mm dimension, it would be easily just to buy a new bell, rather than try to fix the threading or a buy a new capper. The gold bell is the original bell that came with the capper.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Do you have a lot of European bottles? I don't think many people have noticed that because most American bottles all have the same diameter to them and never switch capping sizes.

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
iamjonsharp

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ View Post
Do you have a lot of European bottles? I don't think many people have noticed that because most American bottles all have the same diameter to them and never switch capping sizes.
Not too many...I'll usually bottle a couple of 750's per batch, and alot of them are the 29mm kind.

Quick Reply