storing star san in a corney

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...so you're telling me that this didn't happen? You're telling me that I imagined the wet cardboard, the liquid all over the slate tile floor, the stains on the tile that got me bitched out?

Sorry, but I know what happened, and I can't explain it, but it happened.

Do you have a dog? ;)

~M~

I was surprised to see this still lurking around the top of the tread list after all this time. So I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Various plastics can be damaged by certain things such as UV (ultraviolet) radiation I believe UV-B rays are especially damaging to certain plastics.

UV radiation causes plastics to get hard and brittle with the passage of time.

A simple cause and effect anlaysis does not always apply.

In other words if you were looking at crime scenes from space and knew nothing of crime and or of crime scenes. A simple cause and effect analysis might lead you to believe that since police were usually present at the scene of a crime, that police caused crimes to occur.

Same applies to star-san leaking from plastic, that since the plastic leaked and the thing that it leaked was star-san that star-san caused the plastic to develop leaks. When in acutality there may have been other causes.

I was merely saying that it could be cause and effect, not that it necessarily is. And just for the record, I do keep mine in a cabinet, out of the light for that exact reason...

Latest posts

Back