Stir Plate Question - Will this work properly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannPM

Reaction score
I'm getting a stir plate that is 4.8 inches x 4.8 inches

I'm also getting a beaker that is 5.11 inches in diameter (2L beaker)

All of the pictures I have seen have the beaker/flask fitting on the stir plate without hanging over on the edges. I know it will fit but will this still work properly as required to make a starter? Will it still stir the beaker without any issue related to size?

I've never used a stir plate so this may be a dumb question but I'd like to know before I shell out roughly $100 to get everything in the sizes desired.

You haven't been seeing the right pics. Mine is hanging over in a big way, and works fine. It's only a small portion of the center that does the work.

DSCN3273.jpg

_

Having a larger flask than stir plate means that you'll have to be careful about keeping the thing from tipping over, but there's no technical reason that the stirplate wouldn't work.

Cool thanks for the advice guys!

That's a NICE kitchen/work area Wildwest...Good to see that I can use my gallon growler on the plate as well if I need to go really big!

Cool thanks for the advice guys!

That's a NICE kitchen/work area Wildwest...Good to see that I can use my gallon growler on the plate as well if I need to go really big!

KITCHEN, how insulting my good man. That's my brewshed. :mug:

_

KITCHEN, how insulting my good man. That's my brewshed. :mug:

_

Ha my bad man! It looks amazing, I only looked through the first part of your brewshed thread in the past, I'm going to have to go through all the pages now :)

Back