LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
Hopfan
Nice Beaver....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Stir Plate

I just built the stir plate that MrSalty posted (http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.p...ght=stir+plate) and I have a question. Everything works great except that it takes a bit of finnagling to get it up to speed without throwing the bar. I'm using a 1 5/8" bar and the magnets are 1 1/4" apart on the fan hub. The only longer bar I found would be 2 inches and the shorter bar I have son't even center because it's shorter than the distance between the magnets. Is the bar I'm using too short or should I have the magnets closer together? Otherwise, this things ROCKS. I got it up to full speed and the vortex touched down to the stir bar and the flask looked like it was full of foam. I know the starter will be a bit more viscous so we'll see how far up it needs to be to get a gentle stir.

Thanks

Zip ties are the duct tape of the 21st century

Bad Dog Brewing
Sit...Stay

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply