New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Steam Cleaner Sanitisation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
arrontucker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Steam Cleaner Sanitisation

Has anyone ever used the handheld steam cleaners to sanitise bottles before bottling? If so what were the successes

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
krenshaw

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 24

that "MAY" work, though i think it would take quite a long time and wouldn't be very practical overall.. the best way i've found is just to use one of these with some starsan.. a bottle of starsan will last a decade if you use distilled water.. after i have a beer i usually rinse it out right away and stick it on my counter.. once the counter gets a little busy i'll take them to the basement to sit on my bottle tree.. just a quick rinse again and a handful of shots from the Vinator with starsan before use and you're good to go..

once i started sanitizing this way i'll never go back to another way as it is quite simple..

~ A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries.. Apfelwein, The Fox Says... Yum, Shot in the Dark
Keg 1: The Fox Says... Yum | Keg 2: Shot in the Dark | Keg 3: Second Breakfast Oatmeal Stout Clone
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Old 04-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
kh54s10
Recipes 

Liked 481 Times on 407 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I agree that a steam cleaner would be too much trouble and possibly dangerous. I too use the Vinator and Starsan.

Quick Reply