New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > star san

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
tbulger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default star san

I am out of sanitizer so im planning on buying some star san which seems to be the sanitizer of choice here. I had a thing of c-brite and and it only lasted me through sanitizing two brews (fermenters to bottles) so i like the idea of saving the star san solution. They have the 32 ounce bottle at northernbrewer.com for 12 bucks which is about 14 dollars cheaper thatn my lhbs. Is this the best deal out there? i have been searching for a while and it seems thats the cheapest (its less with shipping than most anywhere else.) is this the best sanitizer to go with for a brewer witha budget (32 uses plus what can be saved)?

primaries: BRown Ale
secondaries: Rye IPA
Bottled: IPA, Pigs ear brown clone, stovepipe porter, German Alt, Oktober fest ale, Smoked IPA, failed pale ale, 1st AG ESB, belgian wit, Ipa#2, , Lake wheat, fish Red ale, Smoked wheat,
KEGS: blonde Nugs , Sugar pale light, chin nook ale (gone in 1 week)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
Brewsmith
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts

You can reuse the stuff several times, too. When you are done sanitizing your primary, just pour it into a clean carboy and you're good to go. Then your carboy is already sanitized for the secondary. Repeat as necessary.

Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply